Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ms. Raid




We have coined our accommodation as the “Roach Mahal”. After an extra long day of work at the hospital, we decided to quench our much needed thirst at a local Indian restaurant and head back to the apartment. It has been five days since I have had any sleep, with the travel and I am extremely exhausted at this point. Once last ditch effort before we make decide to move to a hotel until the hospital can find us new accommodation.

I had the brilliant idea of picking up Raid to get rid of the last of those roaches. Oh how I dreamt of sleep. Well, I was on a mission, a mission to eradicate those pesky little buggers and finally get some well deserved sleep.

Well, as it turns out, apparently, when you start using Raid, the more you spray, the more the roaches come out. Room by room, I entered and started spraying every corner and what did i find?? A swarm of cockroaches (ones with wings) coming out of everywhere. This accommodation is rented out to a doctor and his wife and two kids! How can anyone live in this condition? There were mini roaches coming out of the mattress! We both have reached our limits...Jambo Inn, here I come!

The irony of it all doesn’t amaze me at all. I had indicated on arrival that I would be staying at the Jambo Inn. Now, I find myself here with Tarek, explaining to the owner of the hotel, what has happened to us and how we are in desperate need of a room, with hot water if possible. The owner first laughed and then gave us both the best rooms in the hotel. Tomorrow, I move to another hospital accommodation and hopefully it will be for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment